How Much Do Tree Surgeons Cost?
The average cost of a Tree Surgeon in the UK can start be as low as £500 to £300 on larger trees. The job will Usually take 3 hours to 2 days work regarding the size and location of the tree.
This is a question we’re regularly asked at Tree Surgeon Durham, unfortunately “there’s no one cost fits all”. This is due to several factors that we will discuss down below. Hopefully by the end of the guide you will have a ballpark figure of how much you should be expected to be quoted for your tree car services.
Factors Influencing Tree Surgery Costs
Tree surgery costs are influenced by several key factors. These include the type of tree service required, the complexity of the job, and the equipment needed. Additionally, geographical location (Tree care services in London tend to be 10-15% Higher) and the extent of the work can impact the final bill. Let’s delve into these factors in more detail.
Types of Tree Surgery and Their Costs
Tree surgeons offer a range of services, each with its associated costs. Here’s a breakdown of common tree surgery tasks and their estimated prices:
- Tree Pruning: Typically lasts half a day to a full day, costing between £100 to £500.
- Tree Pollarding: Similar to pruning in terms of time and cost, averaging £100 to £500.
- Tree Lopping: Costs range from £100 to £500, with a minimum charge around £400.
- Small Tree Removal: Relatively straightforward, often completed within an hour or two, priced around £500.
- Large Tree Felling: A more extensive job requiring 1 to 2 days, with an estimated cost of £3000.
- Stump Removal and Grinding: Takes about 1 hour to 3 hours and costs around £200.
- Hedge Trimming: Priced at approximately £90 per hour but can increase to £120 per hour with height equipment.
- Hedge Removal: Removal costs depend on the hedge’s size, ranging from £100 to £500, plus additional fees for root system removal.
- Woodland Management: Typically costs around £500 for a day’s work by a team of professionals.
- Tree Survey: The cost varies depending on the number of trees and starts at £250.
Tree Surgery Qualifications and Regulations
Understanding the qualifications and regulations related to tree surgery is essential for hiring a reputable tree surgeon. Qualified tree surgeons often belong to recognized professional associations like the Arboricultural Association and hold specific certifications, such as First Aid at Work and various chainsaw-related qualifications.
In the UK, regulations like Tree Preservation Orders (TPOs) protect specific trees or woodlands. Violating TPOs by performing prohibited actions like felling, topping, or lopping without permission can lead to legal consequences.
Tree surgeon Cost Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a tree surgeon cost UK?
The cost of a tree surgeon in the UK can range from £300 – £3000. It is best to get quotes from your local professional tree surgeons to understand the market figure. But this can all vary depend on the type of job required.
How much does it cost to cut down a 20 foot tree UK?
Around £300 to £500 depending on the access available, and if stump removal is required after.
How Much Does a Tree Inspection Cost UK?
A tree Inspection can cost anywhere from £300 – £900 (plus VAT), depending on the number of trees on the site that need inspection.
In conclusion, tree surgeon costs can vary significantly based on factors like the type of service, job complexity, and location. It’s crucial to hire qualified professionals who adhere to regulations to ensure the safety of both your property and the environment. By understanding the various aspects of tree surgery costs and the services offered, you can make informed decisions when seeking tree care solutions.